05/04/2011

[Folk, Sub pop] Fleet Foxes-Helplessness Blues

To say honestly when I started writing this post, I was not expecting, that i will listen this record already after two days.( In the begging this post was about Fleet Foxes new video) Everybody know, that official release of Helplessness Blues will be on May 3rd 2011(03/05/11).If you heard Fleet Foxes S/T album, I'm sure you'll understand  how I was waiting for their new album, and can you imagine my surprise when found Helplessness Blues online for free(03/04/11), one month before official release.First off, a couple notes on the release of Helplessness Blues. Anyway,if you will find a way to download an album for free, do it, but it's gonna be more honest, if you will pre-order there album, because guys really deserve all the support they can get.
Robin Pecknold-Fleet Foxes' frontrmen, knows that the leak has happened, and on his Twitter he  even wrote, that he is happy, there's a good quality version out there.


From the first track, we can already hear, that Pecknold and Co. were really working on their new album.They tried not to fall below the level of the first album, and it is not easy task.

Helplessness Blues wears its influences on its sleeve. 
60′s folk pop, some kind of light psychedelic,straight blues weave throughout the record. It sounds really spring, and I want to say - April is a right month for a release, as you can remember their S/T album was such a winter album.
I don’t want to get into a complete song-by-song breakdown

I really don't want to discuss each song from the album, every song on here is unique, and you can write about it individual post.

So, what can I tell you about Helplessness Blues, it's awesome, Fleet Foxes fulfilled their mission. I'm listening to this album already for the third time, all the time while I was writing post, I was listening to it. Perfect album!

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues by subpop


Fleet Foxes - Montezuma by ignatgoossens



Helplessness Blues will be released by Sub Pop on May 3rd, 2011. You can pre-order it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment